A teleconference to discuss a draft presentation, prepared by HCSS, on the project research methodology.
Participants: HCSS (Chair), Fraunhofer INT, SSSUP, UCSC, I.A.I., University of Loughbourough, PISM
A number of substantive and procedural comments were raised with regards to:
- The feasibility and utility of indicators in drawing up regional security profiles;
- The way the four dimensions fit within the proposed research approach;
- A template for the write-up of D3.1 contributions;
- The grouping of countries into certain regions;
- The issue of ‘perceptions of security’ versus ‘objective security’ and how that fits in the current research approach;
- The distinction between hazards/dangers and threats, etc.
These issues will be discussed in greater detail in the Official Kickoff Meeting on the 11th of July.